Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday....Weigh in day

So, I bought a scale from Amazon. Up to 400 lbs. Overnight shipping. $24.xx shipping and all.


Got home from work Friday and there the box was on my porch. I brought it in and proceeded to open, unwrap, unpackaged and proceeded to sigh mightily, once, twice, three times...


Stepped on it.


Opened my eyes.


Looked down.


HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!


395 lbs


WTF?


No, no, no, no! This CAN'T be right!


"HEY, (daughter), come stand on this thing."


She does. 76 lbs. That can't be right either. Find my phone, call the pediatrician, explain to the receptionist about buying a scale and testing (daughter)'s weight. Then I asked how much (daughter) weighed at her last check up in May. She laughs(because they are used to me there. Allergy shots twice a week will do that) She goes and pulls the chart. Reports back: 62 lbs. We agree (daughter) could not have gained 14 lbs in 5 weeks.


I read the book. Nothing. I finally, waaaaaaaaaay at the bottom and in teensy letters find a website. I get online, look it up, finally figure out where the HELP page is and Ohhhhhhhh........I see. If the scale has been in temps out of the 65-85* range, it won't read correctly. Recommended fix? Let it come to proper tempurature for at least 12 hours.


Siiggggggghhhhhh.......fine.


So, this morning, I got up and weighed (daughter). Aha! 62 lbs. That seems better.


Time of reckoning.....


I take a deep breath, step on and look....... 362.5 lbs.


Whoa.....


Try it again.....


362.5 lbs


Well, ok then.



Then, I texted Laurie. Because I needed to tell someone. And, I needed someone to tell me that when I go to the gyno in a few weeks, it won't be a fluke reading. Secretly Im proud as hell, though.




I have no idea how many points Ive had today. I can't find the info on french fries at the Huddle House. The chicken melt sandwich was 15 pts, though. For supper Im having a baked potato with sour cream, a couple of pats of butter, a sprinkle of bacon bits, and Sprite Zero. Should be around 15 points, total.



Tomorrow, UGH! Thanks to my new weight, I get 52 pts a day. But, Ive still got my 49 for this last week. I will kill them tomorrow at my mom's at dinner.



Honestly, though, It's not been a horrible week. I haven't died. Haven't thrown my hands up and said FORGET IT.


It's a start, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment