Thursday, June 16, 2011

Put the cake down and step away!

This is what Christy said to me today. Because 2 hours before I had told  her I hadn't had any cakes/cookies since Sunday. Which for me, is completely insane. My downfall is sugar. In the cake, cookie, candy format.

But it was cake day at work. We have that once a month. And the email was just staring at me. Taunting me.

So I broke, and went down and got a slice of the wonderfully moist, massive Costco chocolate cake.  Then I came back and calculated points. 8. For one freaking slice of cake. And a small slice at that. A mere sliver.

I was good most of today, I'd had a bit under half of my points for the day and it's already 3 pm.

I don't believe in denying myself. That only makes the craving stronger. So I cut the slice in half (vertically if you must know) and ate that. And threw the rest in the trash immediately so as to not tempt the picking fates.

No comments:

Post a Comment